DIAMOND COMIC DISTRIBUTORS, INC.
LOCATION: 1940 Greenspring Drive – Timonium, Maryland
DATE: May 2019
POSITION TITLE: Video Editor
Reporting to the Production Manager, the Video Editor is responsible for executing post production requirements of corporate media projects ranging from commercial, training, promotional, informational, livestream, and creative, original videos. Responsibilities include working with producers and clients on executing editing needs while providing expertise, knowledge, and creativity to effectively communicate project goals. The video editor will use their experience and skills to execute a wide range of postproduction requirements including content editing, graphics and animation development, and distribution.
- Editing studio & remote productions including multi-camera, livestream, and green-screen shoots on Adobe Premiere Pro and other Adobe systems.
- Provide product focused content in the form of 360 degree video and imagery for website insertion and social media sharing.
- Graphics development using Adobe After Effects to create custom animations, title cards, lower thirds, openings, stingers, etc.
- Working with producers and clients to develop creative and custom graphics and animation designs to assist in effectively communicating video message.
- Developing and executing creative post production concepts & treatments while ensuring high standards of excellence.
- Working with clients directly in edit sessions to assess needs and meet project requirements.
- Preparing and distributing media in variety of formats including internal & external web platforms, broadcast network, internal & external events, & DVDs.
- Assisting in creation of live & on-demand streaming links using Livestream software.
- Maintaining digital & tape media library.
- Collaborating with engineering and technical operations to troubleshoot post production concerns.
- Working with production team to ensure quality control on all aspects of production and distribution.
- Managing multiple projects of varying complexities while working under tight deadlines.
- Following standard operating procedures and design guidelines in line with company policies.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Providing production assistance with studio productions as camera operator, audio engineer, gaffer, teleprompter, graphics operator, or floor manager as needed.
- Preparing broadcast playout servers utilizing programming software.
- Coordinating and supervising clients and talent as needed.
- Maintaining an organized work environment.
- Working together with a creative team to collaborate on a multitude of projects.
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- BA/BS degree in video production, film, multimedia or related field.
- 3+ years of experience in video editing.
- Demonstrated video editing ability with experienced portfolio.
- Strong working knowledge of video formats and codecs.
- Proficient on Adobe Premiere Pro and other Adobe systems.
- Extensive knowledge of Motion/After Effects/Adobe Creative Suite.
- Studio operation & remote production experience preferred.
Please forward resume and salary requirements to email@example.com.