Diamond Comic Distributors, Inc.
LOCATION: Home Office – Hunt Valley, Maryland
DATE: June 2019
POSITION TITLE: Consumer Marketing Digital Content Editor
Reporting to the Consumer Marketing Manager, the Digital Content Editor is responsible for developing content objectives, strategies and execution that market and promote comics, toys, and other pop-culture products to comic book shop customers and toy collecting enthusiasts. This position will ensure the creation of Diamond’s digital content in the most impactful and efficient fashion; by always putting the consumer in focus to drive overall engagement and awareness of products available at local comic shops. Candidate will produce content for a variety of Diamond’s consumer websites, most notably PREVIEWSworld.com.
- Develops and manages content editorial processes (brief, execution and analysis) and develops comprehensive content editorial calendars for www.previewsworld.com. Provides creative direction for content work.
- Innovates and experiments with article and story ideas across all digital platforms in collaboration with marketing teams. Proactively learns about new ways to reach consumers through the development of engaging content.
- Responsible for leading the marketing and communications efforts for toy lines available from Diamond, with emphasis on Diamond Select Toys, DC Collectibles, and PREVIEWS exclusive products.
- Manage and edit the PREVIEWSworld ToyChest weekly e-newsletter to promote toys and collectibles to comic shop customers. Review content to be consistent with site and grow subscriber base.
- Participate in the production of toy-related videos and product shots for marketing use.
- Participate in discussions & planning for promoting products to comic shop customers with an eye towards developing key marketing and promotions.
- All other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree in Writing, Marketing, Journalism, Communications or a related field.
- Strong writing and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of toys, import toys, comics and related products.
- Knowledge of content management systems.
- Adobe Dreamweaver skills preferred for HTML email design and creation
- Adobe Photoshop, photo re-sizing skills
- Knowledge of Windows-based computers and programs
- Ability to juggle multiple projects at once.
- Willing to work overtime as needed.
Please forward resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.