LOCATION: Home Office – Hunt Valley, Maryland
DATE: August 2019
POSITION TITLE: New Accounts Sales Representative
The New Accounts Sales Representative’s primary focus is assisting new customers who are buying comics, graphic novels, toys, or other merchandise from Diamond Comic Distributors, Inc. for the first time with account set-up and their first orders. In addition, the Sales Representative is responsible for aggressively prospecting for new customers and increasing Diamond’s customer base.
- Work with applicants who are buying from Diamond Comic Distributors (DCD) for the first time.
- Call on assigned customer leads.
- Inform prospective customers of services available to them through DCD.
- Use internet and other research resources to prospect for customer leads for DCD’s varied product lines.
- Represent DCD and open new accounts at trade shows and conventions.
- Initiate follow-up phone calls for leads established at trade shows and conventions.
- Build relationship and sales of new and already established Diamond specialty market retailer accounts.
- All other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- High School diploma or equivalent. Some College preferred.
- One plus years sales/customer service experience.
- Must be computer literate. Data Entry and typing skills required. (Outlook, Excel, Word and Access for Windows preferred).
- Enthusiastic out-going personality.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of/or ability to learn comics, toys, and others collectibles.
- Knowledge of Diamond Comic Distributors, Inc. services and procedures is a plus.
- Ability to work independently of others
- Must be able to perform well with deadlines
- Some travel required.